Please read on for details of how information you share with me (Megan Barclay) throughout this site (hookabee.com) is used.
Email from hookabee
None of the information you provide while using hookabee.com will ever be used to send you unsolicited marketing information. I will only ever send you emails that you specifically request, as follows:
Newsletters (Mailing List):
You may choose to subscribe to my hookabee email newsletter. My mailing list sign-up uses a double opt-in method, so you won’t be signed up unless you click the confirmation link in the email you receive when you request to join. You may unsubscribe at any time using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link provided in every email.
You may choose to subscribe/follow the hookabee blog via WordPress. Please see the privacy notice for visitors to wordpress.com sites for details: https://automattic.com/privacy-notice/
To leave a comment on the hookabee blog, you have the option of submiting a name, email address, and website. If you subscribe to comment notifications on the post you comment on, you will receive a notification email for every new comment. You may unsubscribe at any time using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link provided in every email.
Otherwise, your email address will only be used if I need to personally respond to a question you asked me (if a public response via the blog is inappropriate).
No marketing emails will ever be sent as a result of you commenting on the hookabee blog.
This additional information describes how and when I collect, use, and share information through hookabee.com.
Information I Collect:
My site is hosted by wordpress.com, please review the privacy notice for visitors to wordpress.com sites: https://automattic.com/privacy-notice/
To subscribe to my mailing list or blog updates, you need only provide me with your email address. To comment on my website/blog, you have the option of providing your name, email address, and website.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list or subscribing to my emailed blog updates.
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information only to comply with laws and regulations. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with my services and to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements.
For my mailing list your personal information is retained only while you are a subscriber, and deleted when you unsubscribe from the service.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated June 20/2018